Thursday, March 1, 2018

Zipper Squared: A Sewing Pattern

I have been wanting to write this sewing pattern for a couple years now, but having two babies has taken priority over a lot of my sewing and creative time.

I finally found the time to get this done over the past couple months, and I'm excited to finally be able to introduce the Zipper Squared sewing pattern!

Zipper Squared Sewing Pattern

The shape of this pouch and curve of the zipper make it look more complicated than it actually is. A confident beginner should be able to tackle this project with relative ease. My pattern testers included both beginner and experienced bag makers.

This Fat-Quarter-Friendly pattern boasts no raw edges or exposed seams inside the finished pouches!

Zipper Squared

The pattern includes written instructions with helpful tips and tricks alongside full-color photographs to demonstrate the steps throughout the project.

There are two sizes included with this pattern. Finished measurements are:

Large: 8" x 8" x 2"
Small: 4.5" x 4.5" x 1.5"

Zipper Squared Sewing Pattern

The large pouch is a great size for a sewing machine foot pedal, travel iron, power cords, etc. I love the small pouch for my ear buds, and I use the lobster clasp to clip it onto whatever bag I'm carrying for the day. The small size is also great for small cosmetic items like lipstick and powder.

Zipper Squared

These pouches make great gifts, and the style is sure to impress. They are really quick to stitch up, and they would also make great items to sell at craft fairs!

You can purchase this pattern in my Etsy shop. I offer a PDF Digital Instant Download version that is immediately accessible after purchase. If you don't have access to a printer, you can purchase a printed version instead, which I print on my home printer in full color and mail to you via USPS First Class Mail.

Don't forget to finish off your pouches with zipper pull charms! You'll find those in my Etsy shop, too! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool!! Thx for the great photos and the pattern!~

    ReplyDelete