Saturday, November 14, 2015

Simply Mini Swap

The #SimplyMiniSwap was hosted by @purplepoppyquilts, and it was meant to be simply a mini quilt - no extras. This was a really fun swap for me, because as soon as I saw my partner's mosaic, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for her. She had all blues and greens in her pictures (which are my current favorites), and she also said she likes stars. I had been wanting to make a New York Beauty for a while, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.

New York Beauty by Trina Peterson

This was the first time I had ever tried piecing curves, so I went hunting for some advice online. Luckily I found an awesome tutorial for piecing a New York Beauty by Kati at From The Blue Chair. Her pointers helped immensely, and the whole process was a complete success. All of the seams lined up pretty much perfectly. 

New York Beauty by Trina Peterson

This quilt was really hard to give away! It's my favorite piece that I've ever made. Every time I posted a picture of my progress on Instagram, my swap partner always commented that she liked it, even though she didn't know it was for her. I'm so glad this quilt went to her!

The quilt I received from my swap maker is so incredible, and I couldn't believe it when I got the package! 

Quilt by Cassandra Beaver

I had been admiring her posts on this quilt while she showed her progress on Instagram. I never dreamed it would actually be mine! Cassandra (@cassandra.beaver) designed this quilt herself, and there are 83 different fabrics! Everything about it is gorgeous, right down to the intricate quilting. I'm a very lucky partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment