Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sew My Stash Swap

If you haven't checked out the #sewmystash2015 hashtag on Instagram, you should. And you should use it! It's great to see what people are making with what they have in their stash. I think a lot of us have a tendency to hoard fabric (Guilty!), and it's nice to be able to pull and make something without having to go purchase anything new.

The Sew My Stash Mini Swap required that you use at least 75% stash to make a mini quilt for your swap partner. I was able to use 100%! (As long as you don't count the pattern: I purchased that specifically for this swap.) 

Take Wing Mini Quilt

My swap partner had this pattern in her inspiration mosaic, and I've been wanting to make it, so it was easy to settle on a plan. This is the Take Wing Pattern by lillyella. It's a great pattern that allows for a lot of customization based on color choice, and it also makes a nice size mini to hang or use as a centerpiece. 

Take Wing Quilt

I was so excited when I opened the mini I received in return! Lucy (@pearhugstudio) did a great job. I love greens & blues together, low volume prints, and I really dig geometric paper piecing patterns. This will hang in my sewing space. 

Sew My Stash Mini Quilt Swap

The Sew My Stash Mini Quilt Swap was hosted by @projectleasa

No comments:

Post a Comment