Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Project Quilting 9.2: iPad Stand

The second Project Quilting challenge this season was “Triangulation”. I knew I wanted to make some sort of useful accessory, since that’s my goal this season, and I was initially at a loss of what to do. Then I remembered how badly I’ve been wanting an iPad stand for my sewing area, so I can easily view PDF patterns and videos while I’m sewing instead of having to print everything. I found this tutorial with a quick Google search, and it looked perfect.

iPad Stand

This project was quick, easy, and very practical. I appliquéd a Mac Apple onto the front, so my project would qualify as “quilty” for the challenge, and because...well, it’s awesome. I cut into “my precious” Carolyn Friedlander stash and shocked the world! (Well, I shocked my best friend at least.) She knows how obsessive I am with my CF fabric; I almost never use it. It has its own big drawer. But alas, I have a layer cake of this particular line in addition to a fat quarter bundle, so I figured I could go ahead and take the plunge.

iPad Stand

The free tutorial worked out great. The only thing I’d change if I made another stand would be to use rice in the little front roll section to add some weight. It’s a great stand, and an incredibly fast and simple project. This would make an excellent little gift for anyone with a tablet.
iPad Stand

iPad Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment