Monday, April 27, 2015

The 1 Hour Basket

There's a basket making craze happening lately on Instagram! Tons of pics of the 1 Hour Basket are popping up all the time. This is a fun, quick, and best of all FREE pattern by Hearts and Bees that you can download from Craftsy.

1 Hour Basket

The nesting bug is really biting the past few days, and I decided that I needed something cute to hold all the bottle parts for the tiny human. Organization is key, after all. To what? I'm not exactly sure. 

Hour Basket

So I finally jumped on the bandwagon and tried out one of these baskets. It did in fact only take me 54 minutes from start to finish - including pressing and cutting. 

1 Hour Basket by Hearts and Bees

I also added a couple of my own minor touches. I wanted the handles to be a little stiffer than what I've seen on the Instagram pics, so I added a layer of Pellon's Shape Flex to those. I also made them an inch shorter, and I really like how they turned out. 

The only other tweak I made was a little extra top-stitching. I really enjoy the look of a double top-stitched seam, so I did that to both sides of the handles and around the top of the basket. 

Hearts and Bees Hour Basket

This is a great pattern, and I think I'll probably make one or two more of these for some odds and ends in the nursery. 

Hour Basket

I tried to get a picture of Keef in the basket, but she was having none of it. She is not a team player. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment