Monday, May 20, 2013

The Big Reveal

Before
After
It's finally time for the unveiling!!

Yesterday I finished turning a $5 Yard-Sale find into something FABULOUS!  It was hard to let it sit to dry overnight in the garage after applying the varnish.  It felt a little bit like waiting to hear hooves on the roof at Christmas.  Upon returning home from a late lunch this afternoon with Mr. Sexy Pants, I gleefully added the final finishing touch to my newly re-finished dresser: the knobs.  They are perfect (in my opinion).


I suckered Sexy Pants into helping me haul it downstairs to the shop, and I immediately went to work filling it with odds, ends, and fabric.  I even dedicated an entire drawer (top left) to my Fat Quarter Bundles from Sew Lux, because they are so perfectly matched.  I hate to split them up, because I'm hopeless at coordinating.  Chrissy and Linda from Sew Lux do a fantastic job at that for me (and anyone else who cares to patronize their wonderful online shop.)  Find them here.

I can hardly contain my excitement and satisfaction with the final result!  I also did this stand that I use next to my desk.  It's from IKEA and was already raw, so very easy to do.  Although, painting all those slats was a real pain in the you-know-what.

I've got two more pieces queued up in the garage that I found on Craig's List.  I have to keep going with this stuff if I am ever to have a pretty shop!  Sexy Pants says I can't bring anything else home until those are finished, though.  I tried to explain to him that I have to seize the opportunity when i find a bargain!  He says that I should be less of a successful bargain-hunter until the pieces I have are finished.  Party pooper!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! The knobs are fabulous, THIS LOOKS SO GREAT! I can't believe this was your first redo, it really is a work of art :)

    ReplyDelete